Feminists Capacity Building Training was conducted at beautiful environment of Kavre, Patlekhet on 31st March-9th April for empowerment of Women Human Right Defenders of Central Development Region. There were 26 participants from 15 districts of Central Region of Nepal. This was seventh batch of training provided by WOREC, Nepal to give WHRDS the ideas on how to look the ongoing social structure and society from feminist perspective.
The objectives of Feminists Capacity Building Training:
1. Enhance the capacity of Women Human Right Defenders from feminist’s perspectives.
2. Augment the WHRD’s knowledge on Gender and Sex, Violence against Women, Women’s Right on health, Women’s Movement, Women and Law, Women and Media, Women and Globalisation and to analyse the existing situation from the lenses of Feminism.
The training on following content was facilitated by:
· Principles and Concepts of Feminism by Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
· Women’s Movement in Nepal by Dr. Mina Acharya and Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
· The social, economical and patriarchal aspects of Violence against women by Dr.Renu Rajbhandari.
· Women’s health, sexuality and physical solidarity by Ms. Deepa Dhital and Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
· Social Movement in Nepal by Mr. Bimal Phunyal
· Women’s Right is Human Right by Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
· Women and Law by Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
· Women and Media by Ms. Aarati Chataut.
· Poverty and Globalisation and women’s identity by Dr. Renu Rajbhandari.
The training was conducted following contents for 10 days. To enrich the knowledge and analytical concept on that content related documentaries and movies were shown to the participants. The only sharing session was one of the eternal parts of training which provided women the space to share each-other’s stories and experiences. The stories of each participant reflected the pain and agony of women suffering just being a woman in the society and family. On evaluation of each day, the participants expressed their views that they were enlightened with the knowledge they had never heard of. They requested to conduct such training in future for women's empowerment and to fulfil the dearth of Women Only Space in their society.